Present at the launch was the Prime Minister’s wife representing the First Lady, the minister of Gender, other government officials, general managers of various companies, opinion leaders, the 5by20 beneficiaries, and the media.
Jean Ntambwe, country manager of BONAGUI, said in his welcome address on behalf of the
The First Lady of the Republic of Guinea, Kaba Hadja Djene Condé, represented by the wife of Prime Minister Mamady Youla, advised the invited women not to fold their arms in the face of adversity but to make sacrifices that will benefit them. "No sacrifice nor effort will be in vain when faced with obstacles," said Ms. Youla Hawa Barry.
Tags: 5by20, women in business, empowering women in Africa, Sustainability
Speaking proudly of the 5by20 project was the Minister of Women and Children’s Affair Sanaba Kaba. She thanked the company for its many projects in the country and appealed to the women beneficiaries to maximise the opportunity given to them by The
After the event, the women were presented with start-up kits comprising of a mini table, umbrella, an ice box, price sticker, three cases of products and training certificates.
More on Journey
- Volunteers collect 8,000 bags of waste in Soweto in lead up to Global Citizen: Mandela 100 Festival
- Making Zero Waste a Reality: How Tanzania is breaking barriers with impactful initiatives
- Improving access to essential medical supplies across Africa
- Bonaqua launches South Africa’s first water bottle made entirely out of recycled plastic
- What If Plastic Never Became Waste?